Crunchy & flavourful A popular nosh at our retreats, kale chips are a tasty and really healthy snack.
- Black kale - 1 bunch
- Tahini- 2 tbsp
- Curry seasoning - 2 tbsp
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- Optional - 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup (I prefer them without this)
- Wash and chop kale. Stems can be included or added to other dishes.
- Spread the combination of all the other ingredients over the kale until the kale is well coated.
- Bake at 250 degrees.
- Check every 15 minutes and turn over with a spatula to crisp the kale evenly.
- Cool before storing.
- Technically they should last about a month but I challenge you to make it beyond a day or two.
- If you share them, be prepared to make them frequently. You can also dehydrate them using a dehydrator or the lowest setting on your oven.
- Check on them regularly as each dehydrator works differently.
- Experiment with different seasonings.
- Click here to read about kale's benefits and risks.
Ingredients for kale chips with oil : for those who don't like curry
This recipe is really popular with young kids. They can sprinkle their favourite seasonings on the kale.
- Kale - 1 bunch
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt, pepper and your favourite seasonings - to taste
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Bake as in the previous recipe or dehydrate.