Jerusalem Artichoke is immensely rich in potassium and is a good source of vitamin c and fiber.
- 10-12 Jerusalem Artichokes - organic
- 2 large apples
- 3-4 green onions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon - juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp tamari sauce1 tbsp agave nectar
- No need to peel the produce - just scrub it and core the apples.
- Combine all the ingredients in a Vita Mix or food processor and chop.
- Store in a glass jar for several hours before serving.
We served it on rye vita crackers but you can find many other ways of using the relish.
Tell us your favourites. Eat just a bit the first time as it may give you gas.
If you chew slowly you’ll reduce the amount of gas as you’ll assist the digestive process.
You can always do a yoga pose to help digestionLie on your back, bend your knees and draw them into your body or sit in virasana.