Ugly but so crunchy :)
I like to experiment with new things, as those of you who dine with me or do yoga together already know, so I recently asked about burdock at the organic grocery and was informed that burdoch is great for cleansing the liver.
- Peel and chop murdoch into slices
- Coat with a touch of olive oil
- Add a bit of himalayan salt and pepper
- Roast at 350 until crisp about 20-30 minutes. Enjoy.
- The problem was they tasted so good I wanted to enjoy them as is rather than add them to the soup but I did throw some into the soup.
- Let me know if you'd like to attend cooking classes either in Tremblant or at your place. You can host a cooking & yoga event or cooking & dining with friends.
Now we often use yoga postures to cleanse the liver but I figured anything that might facilitate the cleansing process might be worth a shot. I bought these ugly roots and waited for inspiration to hit me. It didn't so I figured Rhona and I would experiment with them when we cooked together last weekend. Their looks scared us off. I hate to waste food so I finally decided to play with them this morning. I was making a big batch of squash soup and was roasting a variety of vegetables for it. I isolated them from the carrots, sweet potatoes, squash in case they contaminated the known ingredients and ruined the yummy soup.