Super delicious, nutritious and very energizing.
They are great for athletes on the go or following a yoga class. They may be served as a dessert or in place of a meal.
Ingredients: section A
- 1 cup organic peanut butter - other nut butters may be used
- 1 cup almond butter
- I/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup raw honey, maple syrup or agave - to taste
- 1/2 cup cranberries, goji berries or your favourite dried berries or dried chopped fruit
- 1/2 cup grated un sweetened coconut
- 1 cup carob powder or raw chocolate powder
- 1/4 cup sprouted chia powder
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
For frozen variation add:
- 1 cup frozen black cherries
- 1/2 cup un sweetened almond milk
Section C - optional extras
- 1/4 greens powder
- 1/4 maca powder
A bit of olive oil may be added to help blend the ingredients more easily but I don’t prefer this.
- For hatha balls blend all ingredients in section A and optional ingredients in section C.
- Shape into small balls which you can roll in grated coconut or Ezekiel cereal.
- Enjoy. Refrigerate in a covered container.
- For hatha squares mix all the ingredients in section A , B and C which is optional - taste and adjust accordingly before freezing in a large rectangular Pyrex dish.
- Cover well and freeze for up to 1 month.
- Can be cut into brownies and served in an almost frozen form.