Mung Beans are delicious, easy to digest and great for inner cleansing and healing.
Thank you Roz for preparing this dish with us at our first healing workshop
Recipe for Mung Beans and Brown Rice - cooked by Roz - inspired by Kirpalus’ Kitchen
- 1/2 tsp mustard seed
- 1/2tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup brown rice washed and drained
- 1 cup mung beans washed and drained
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1tsp salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup raw peanuts
- Heat oil, add mustard seed. When they begin to pop add the tumeric, stir and fold in the rice & beans and coat them with the mixture.
- Add 4.5 cups of water and the rest of the spices.
- Simmer for about 40 minutes until the rice and beans are cooked.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp basil
- 1tsp oregano
- Stir marinade and pour over the above bean and rice mixture.
- Can be enjoyed as a warm dish or if you’re lucky to have any left-overs try it cold.
- I’ve also made huge batches and frozen it. Just make sure the veggies are slightly cooked first.
Try adding your favourite seasonal vegetables to the recipe. You can also reduce the amount of oil you add to the marinade.