This cereal is great prior to or following an active workout - especially on a cold day.
- 1.5 cups steel cut oats ( organic if possible)
- .5 cup spelt berries
- 1 liter unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup gogi berries
- 1/4 cup golden berries
- 1 cup wild blueberries ( frozen berries can be used)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Combine all the ingredients and cook until almost at a boil, then lower the temperature and cook for about 10-20 minutes. You can soak the grains overnight to reduce the cooking time.
- Add ground flax seed -1tbsp, 1tbsp chia powder, 1 tbsp hemp nuts and agave syrup to sweeten. I add different ingredients to it such as chopped coconut, chopped apple - even a touch of tumeric for some extra healing properities.
- You can prepare extra for the next day or so and just reheat it by adding a bit of liquid to it.