2 cups of raw organic almonds - pour boiling water over them if you want to remove the skin then soak for 24 hours in water.
Rinse well. This removes toxins and makes the nuts easier to digest.
Raw Fruit Sauce
- 6 plums
- 2 peaches
- 4 nectarines
- 8 apples
- Wild blueberries - 1 cup
- Agave to taste if you like it somewhat sweet
Possible additions - fresh cinnamon, ginger, cloves
- Get creative here and use what is readily available
- Wash, pit and chop the fruits
- Blend in a strong blender - Vita Mix or use food processor until it is smooth and the peel has been fully chopped.
Raw Kale Salad
- One package of kale - about 6-8 full leaves - washed and finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado - chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
1 small chopped red onion - chopped
- 1-2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes - variety of colours - sliced in half
- Purple carrots or regular ones sliced in rounds
- Pink garlic - small bulb finely chopped
- Black pepper freshly ground to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp.
- Salt - to taste
- Agave syrup - 1/2 tsp.
- Thai sprinkle seasoning or your favourite spices or herbs
- Please feel free to add and adjust according to your tastes. I generally use what is fresh and in season. I like to use high quality organic local produce. Our kale was donated by THE REAL GREEN GROCER .
- Add all ingredients together and allow them to marinate for several hours before eating. This will soften the kale.
- Thanks to the REAL GREEN GROCER for donating kale, shitake mushrooms and ginger for our healing feast. www.therealgreengrocer.com